Learn about Liquid Facelifts
As we get older our skin starts to change. If you are in your 30s or 40s you might be starting to notice the affects of this change such as loss of volume, jowls, sagging skin etc. Unfortunately, once this starts to happen there is no going back. Even though we can’t turn back the time we can slow down the process with different dermal filler treatments! One of the most popular treatments for skin rejuvenation is the liquid face lift also known as the 8-point face lift. This is a quick non-invasive treatment which requires no surgery or recovery time.
What is a liquid facelift?
The name basically speaks for itself. The liquid face lift is where 8 points of the face which are prone to losing volume are targeted. Dermal filler is then injected into these areas to give a plump and smooth appearance so the client looks youthful. The dermal filler used here at Face Hub Facial Aesthetics is Juvéderm. This is the best filler on the market and is formulated from hyaluronic acid which naturally occurs in the skin and creates volume by filling up the areas which are sagging. The 8 points which are targeted in a liquid face lift are:
- Cheeks– Filler is added to the cheeks to restore lost volume and create a lifted appearance. It also lifts the nasolabial folds at the side of the mouth
- Bone Structure– This is around the same area as the cheeks to create a more defined and contoured facial structure.
- Tear Trough– Filler is placed here to reduce the sagging under the eye and eliminate dark hollow circles.
- Nasolabial Folds– Filler is added here to lift the drooping appearance of the folds and reduce the look of aging.
- Marionette Lines– These lines make the mouth area look sad, so filler creates volume to reduce the downturn of the mouth.
- Jowls– Jowls can make the jaw look droopy so filler creates a more contoured jaw.
- Jawline– Like the jowl area this gives definition to the jaw.
- Lower Cheek– Filler is used here to create more contour and lift the check creating a youthful appearance.
Does a Liquid Facelift Hurt?
Here at face hub Facial Aesthetics, we always use an anaesthetics topical cream which is applied to the injection sites before treatment. This will reduce the pain and discomfort which may be caused during the procedure. There may only be minor discomfort after this but it depends on a person’s pain threshold.
What’s the Recovery of a Liquid Facelift?
The best thing about a liquid facelift is that there is little to no recovery time. Most patients will have slight bruising and swelling but this will go down with in week. It is important to follow the post treatment instructions given to you by your practitioner to ensure the results heal correctly.
Is there Side Effects?
Dermal fillers are made with hyaluronic acid which is naturally found in the skin so side effects are very rare. Sone side effects may include sweeling, bruising, redness or itchiness but these will all clear up fast. If any side effects don’t go after a week or two make sure to return to your practitioner.
How Long Do Results Last?
The results of a liquid face lift depend on many things such as how quickly the patients body breaks down the filler, the type of filler used and the amount of filler used. Dermal filler lasts longer in some areas of the face than it does in others so you might start to see some results fade quicker than others. At face Hub Facial Aesthetics, we use Juvéderm which can last from 4 months to 2 years.
We hope this blog has helped you to understand more about a liquid face lift. Even though the name can sound scary it is a very simple procedure which can knock years off us. Looking rejuvenated and youthful has never been so easy!
If you have any further queries about a liquid facelift, you can book a consultation here with one of our highly trained practitioners on 01 5253888 or book online.