Obagi for Fine Lines and Wrinkles
What are Wrinkles and Fine Lines?
As we get older it is inevitable that we will start to get wrinkles and fine lines. They can develop at different ages for various people but what everyone has in common is that they want to get rid of them. When we age, the collagen and elastin in our body starts to break down. These are what give the skin a smooth and plump appearance when we are young. Once they break down the skin starts to become thinner and droopier. The skin also looses its ability to protect itself from damage. Constant sun exposure, expressions, smoking, diet and lifestyle is what creates wrinkles and fine lines. Many people may see wrinkles and fine lines as a sign of maturity but others want to know the best way to get rid of them to retain their youthful appearance.
How can I Prevent Wrinkles?
Everyone will develop wrinkles in their life but there are many factors that can help to prevent them for longer.
- Limit sun exposure by avoiding times where the sun is at its strongest and by wearing a hat, UV protection sunglasses and covering up the skin. Sunscreen is the most important product in skincare to prevent and reduce damage from the sun. The Obagi Nu-Derm Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 is one of their best sunscreens for great protection from the sun and the signs of ageing. All of the Obagi sunscreens are clinically proven to protect against
- Avoid smoking as smoking dries out the skin and ages in a lot quicker. It creates fine lines around the mouth after years of the same movement of the mouth during smoking.
- Use Obagi anti-wrinkle products in your 20s as his can help to build a foundation for healthier youthful skin when you get older.
- Ensure to keep a nutritionally balanced diet and avoid eating junk food as years of a constant unhealthy is not good for the skin and can speed up the signs of ageing. Foods rich in antioxidants are great for keeping the skin healthy.
- Exercise is a great way to prevent wrinkles as it promotes the circulation in the skin which helps to keep it plump and healthy.
- Drink water as much as you can. Staying hydrated is one of the most important things the body need to stay healthy. This is just as important for our skin and the signs of ageing.
Facial Aesthetic Consultation
How Can I Get Rid of Wrinkles?
Unfortunately, everyone will get wrinkles no matter what they do. There are many ways of getting rid of wrinkles including anti-wrinkle injections or dermal fillers which we provide here at Face hub facial Aesthetics. If you are looking for something less invasive here are some great tips:
- Place your face in cold iced water for 5 to 10 minutes each day to reduce the look of pores and puffiness under the eyes.
- Massage the face for a few minutes to stimulate the skin cells to give a tighter smoother appearance.
- Use one of the Obagi moisturiser products which best suit your skin type to keep the skin hydrated. These moisturisers also have a plumping agent to create a more youthful appearance.
- Use an eye cream such as the Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Cream to reduce the look of crowns feet and wrinkles around the eye area.
- Placing a humidifier in your room at night can help to provide a good night’s sleep and help reduce any signs from daily stress.
There are hundreds of tips and tricks you can use to try to reduce wrinkles and fine lines but overall, it is important to use the right products and keep yourself healthy. The more you worry about wrinkles the more you will notice. So, we believe you should be happy as you age and stick to the above information to keep you youthful and radiant!