The Peri-Ocular Area
The thin skin that surrounds the eye is of constant concern to some people. Because of the frailty and thinness of the layer it can often show signs of stress and ageing a lot sooner than other areas do. Dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles are all signs that may appear.
Whilst ageing is the main cause of loss of firmness from the skin, genetics can also play a part. Lifestyle too can be a contributing factor to the appearance around the eye, with lack of sleep, over consumption of alcohol and a poor diet often reflected in the areas surrounding your eyes.
There are a number of techniques available to you to use to combat some of these signs of stress or tiredness around your eyes:
– Cold compression around your eyes can often help with puffiness.
– Sunekos 200 treatments has been shown to greatly improve the appearance of skin around troubled areas, by employing it’s unique hyaluronic acid infused with amino acids formula.
– Peels, lasers and microneedling are also proven therapies.
– Fillers have been shown to be effective in alleviating signs of ageing and tiredness around the eyes.
– Finally there’s the surgical option, known as a “blepheroplasty” which manipulates the delicate fat pads that surround the eye and repositioning them elsewhere so as to better support the eye.