Should I Get an Obagi Chemical Peel?
There are times when a person may feel like their every day skincare routine just isn’t doing enough. If your skin is feeling dull and dry then it could be time for you to try out a chemical peel. A chemical peel can provide your skin with a new glow in no time. A chemical peel can help to bring out radiant skin and reveal that youthful appearance you have been waiting for.
What does a Chemical Peel Do?
When you hear the word chemical and peel it can sound scary but this treatment is simple and effective. A chemical peel treatment includes a solution that is applied to the skin. This solution causes the dead layer of skin on your face to peel off and reveal new glowing, healthy skin underneath. Obagi Skincare has formulated one of the best chemical peels on the market known as the Obagi Blue Peels.
What Skin Concerns does a Chemical Peel Treat?
The Obagi Blue Peels Chemical Peel can improve the overall appearance of any skin type but it is very effective in treating various skin concerns. The severity of the skin condition will determine the strength of the chemical peel. Some of these skin concerns include:
- Large pores
- Uneven skin texture
- Uneven skin tones
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damaged skin
What are the Benefits of an Obagi Chemical Peel?
- Instant glowing skin
- Little to no recovery time
- Little redness after treatment
- Treats a variety of skin conditions
- Is safe on all skin types
- Aids skin hydration
- Will help other skin products to work better
What Should I Consider when Getting a Chemical Peel?
- Consultation-Before going ahead with a chemical peel you must see your Face Hub practitioner first for a consultation. In this consultation you can describe your goals and your practitioner can asses your skin to see if you are suitable for a chemical peel and what strength would be best for you.
- Recovery– It depends on the type of peel whether there will be down time or not. Some superficial peels have little to no downtime so you can go about your normal day as usual. Medium to strong peels will need some recovery time as the skin peels off. Your practitioner will let you know the type of peel it is and post procedure advice before treatment.
- Number of treatments– Some patients will see great results after just one chemical peel treatment. When patients use the Obagi Superficial Blue Peel Radiance, their skin is noticeably tighter, smoother and more radiant after just one treatment. Your practitioner may suggest additional peel treatments to get the optimal results.
- Qualified practitioner– It is extremely important to make sure you see a qualified provider with a lot of experience. They will need to know everything about your skin to ensure they use the correct peel for you and the correct amount f time it should be left on for. If a chemical peel is done by someone who is not qualified there is a risk of complications such as swelling, infection and discoloration.
- Aftercare– It is very important to wear sun protection on the face anyway but it is especially needed after a chemical peel. Sun cream with SPF 30 or higher should always be worn to protect your skin from sun damage which can speed up the effects of aging.
We hope that this blog has provided you with the information you need to decide if you would like an Obagi skin peel. As long as you are a good candidate it is a great option to reveal your healthier, glowing skin!
If you would like to book a consultation you can contact Face Hub Facial Aesthetics on 01 5253888 or book online.